The South Beach Diet works through burning fat with a high- protein, low-carb, low-sugar weight loss program.
How does it work?
It’s practically based on eating 6 times a day, every 2 to 3 hours. It includes an exercise program along with a 3 meal+2 snack menu.
What type of food?
If you want to lose weight the first step is knowing what you’re eating and how much you’re eating, the key to both is choosing the best of each. Meaning that you have increase your consume on vegetables, fish, eggs, dairy, lean protein like chicken and turkey, whole grains and nuts, the right type of “good” fats.
South Beach is lower in carbohydrates and higher in protein and healthy fats than the typical meals we usually consume on our daily life.
South Beach doesn’t categorically eliminate all carbs. The ones you do eat are low on the glycemic index, a ranking of how carbs affect blood glucose. Low-GI carbs are said to keep your blood sugar and metabolism steady – and you feeling fuller longer – while high-GI “bad” carbs do the opposite.
You can finally get rid of all that unwanted body fat with this diet program, without depriving yourself from food.
The South Beach Diet teaches you to eliminate the “bad” carbs and incorporate good ones in your day to day meals. It uses the glycemic index and glycemic load to determine which carbs you should avoid. Foods with a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar faster, higher and longer than do foods with a lower index.
It also teaches you to how to maintain a healthier lifestyle by eating only monounsaturated fats, fiber and whole grain foods and vegetables in your eating routine!
Do I have to work out?
People always think that there should be a perfect diet plan that could just get you fit eating clean without having to do any physical activity, well i’m sorry to burst your bubble, but the fact is that we need to exercise our body to see better results, this will help speed up your metabolism and avoid loose skin.
South beach diet offers a low carb diet. On a normal eating plan you would eat around 50 % of carbs, your daily calories come from carbohydrates. This is based on a 2,000-calorie-a-day diet, which 300 grams are only carbs.
In the final maintenance phase of the South Beach Diet, you can get as much as 28 percent of your daily calories from carbohydrates, or about 130 grams of carbohydrates a day. Not so bad having that other diets will only permit 20 to 90 grams!
The South Beach Phases:
- Phase 1. This phase takes 2 weeks and its first goal is to eliminate all the high-sugar meals and breakdown your cravings. Cutting off carbohydrates from your diet, including pasta, rice, bread and fruit. You can’t drink fruit juice or any alcohol. You focus on eating lean protein, such as seafood, skinless poultry, lean beef and soy products. You can also eat high-fiber vegetables, low-fat dairy and foods with healthy, unsaturated fats, including avocados, nuts and seeds. Not so bad for the first 2 weeks!
- Phase 2. This is a long-term weight-loss phase. You begin adding back some of the foods that were prohibited in phase 1, such as whole-grain breads, whole-wheat pasta, brown rice, fruits and more vegetables. You stay in this phase until you reach your ideal goal weight.
- Phase 3. This is a maintenance phase meant to be a healthy way to eat for life. You continue to follow the lifestyle principles you learned in the two previous phases. You can eat all types of foods in moderation.
Sounds pretty practical to me, just 3 phases and you’re off to a brand new start. Now let’s see what’s a common day using the South beach diet program.
- Breakfast: South Beach Diet tropical coconut almond bar.
- Morning snack: South Beach complete shake 1 serving of non-starchy vegetables.
- Lunch: South Beach Diet chicken roma 2 servings of non-starchy vegetables.
- Afternoon snack: South Beach Diet dark chocolate nut bar.
- Dinner: South Beach Diet taqueria-style beef and cheese skillet 2 servings of non-starchy vegetables
- Breakfast: 1 large egg and ½ avocado
- Morning snack: Greek yogurt, full-fat, 5.3 ounces
- Lunch: 2 ounces deli turkey 1 tbsp olive-oil based mayo 1 slice whole-grain bread
- Afternoon snack: 1 medium orange
- Dinner: 3 ounces pork tenderloin 1/2 cup olives 1/2 cup cooked whole-wheat pasta
- Evening snack: 1 ounce cheddar cheese
- Breakfast: beach cappuccino shake + 1 fruit
- Morning snack: 1 fruit
- Lunch: broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breast
- Afternoon snack: fudgy graham crumble bar
- Dinner: grilled chicken sandwich
- Evening snack: banana nut ricotta muffin
South Beach Diet Discount
You can start out with the basic plan that costs $299.99 per month without snacks and $339.99 with snacks. A la carte items start at $2.49. You’ll have to budget a bit more to add in some fresh items to the diet but nothing too much, just side ingredients. South beach diet provides a bunch promo codes and discounts that you can access right on this link below which offers you a $50 discount:
Why Try The South Beach Diet?
- It’s very simple and flexible: There’s no counting calories or measuring food. You just choose foods from your menu list and eat within that.
- It’s low in saturated fats: Eating foods that contain saturated fat is thought to increase blood cholesterol levels, which can increase the risk of heart disease. As a result, health professionals recommend following a diet low in saturated fat to reduce this risk which south beach diet promotes.
- It encourages self-consciousness: The strongest aspects of the diet is the focus on each person being aware of the effects of foods on their bodies, particularly as they add carbohydrates on a big quantity. I believe that using the marker of carb cravings can be a useful, as it’s vital for people who are sensitive to carbohydrates. It helps them to be aware of what foods and what quantities causes these cravings.
- It’s affordable: For 300$ a month which is a good deal on it’s own, plus you get promotion codes and discount regularly. You simply can’t miss out on this!
Your body is your temple, invest in it and not only will you look good but feel awesome too! Don’t miss out on these deals that South Beach Diet has in store for you!